Software Engineer Azure
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
The project aims to develop the PoC for a web-portal responsible for executing high-performance computation-jobs. There is a variety of different jobs. Each job has a particular view for input-parameters and one for the generated outputs. All implementation is supposed to be done on Azure.
The project is carried out using Agile Software Management Methodology. In particular Scrum or Kanban. There is room to decide against or for either approach based on the expertise of the consultant. However, the consultant is not required to consult on this – Henkel can decide on its own.
In case of Scrum, the consultant will implement work packages following the Agile Methodology on its own within the timeframe of a Sprint, which is typically 2-3 weeks. The decision which high-level work-packages to select for a Sprint is taken by Henkel. Decisions on a week to week / day to day basis are done autonomously by the consultant.
An external resource is needed as there is no internal staff with the required expertise in the domains of Web development for browser-based applications (HTML5, CSS etc.), Web development in Python using Flask / WSGI and UI-Integration / Microfrontends.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Design and development of frontends & web-applications in Python/ES/TypeScript based on and around the frameworks Flask and Plotly Dash
- Documentation of developed artifacts (incl. configuration of context/environment in which they are to be used)
- Documentation of activities to understand & elaborate on requirements
- Definition and execution of lightweight, but clear development methodology supporting the development
- Participation in the agile software development method of the overarching project
- (UX-Design / Mediation between results of UX-Designer and practical implementation)
Possible timelines to be kept:
Based on the start-date, further milestones can be defined according to which the candidate can work independently and deliver autonomous contributions.
Currently, only platform and backend development is staffed. A timeline which fits frontend (= the candidate) and backend has to be found.