Engineer Software (Senior)
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Project description / Background to the assignment
As part of the Henkel Data Platform, we plan to provide a data platform leveraging Microsoft Azure cloud technology. This includes, among other things, the (further) development of the NewBI Foundation and HDF Data Lake Foundation for the purpose of increasing scalability and security and performance optimization. This also includes the implementation of additional Azure cloud services. The latter must be carried out in Microsoft Azure services and the programming language PowerShell, in order to maintain compatibility with older versions of the software. However, the programming language PowerShell has no relevance for the core products. Consequently, we do not have our own employees with sufficient expertise in connection Microsoft Azure services and the programming language PowerShell and for this reason requires external expertise. The contractor used by us has extensive experience with projects that require development services for Microsoft Azure services and the programming language PowerShell, therefore the contractor has a unique position and provides significantly different services than the internal staff.
The services shall be provided within the framework of an agile development method. The concrete activities required in each case to implement the services commissioned shall be agreed iteratively between the parties within the framework of sprint meetings and implemented by the Contractor within the respective sprints following the sprint meetings. Prior to each sprint meeting, the contractor shall independentlycheck, on the basis of its professional expertise, which individual services are reasonable and feasible within the scope of the assignment in the respective sprint. The sprints each have a duration of 2 weeks, so that the sprint meetings take place at intervals of 2 weeks. Within the individual sprints, the contracting parties shall coordinate the respective technical requirements for the services to be provided in daily meetings in order to achieve the compatibility of the individual components Microsoft Azure services and the programming language PowerShell. The technical requirements for the services to be provided are assessed by the Contractor on the basis of its own technical assessment. After completion of a Sprint, the parties shall conduct a "Sprint Review'' in which the contractor reports on the feasibility and status of the services performed by it in the previous sprint and makes a recommendation on how to proceed with regard to the services that proved to be unfeasible in the respective sprint. All of the meetings and exchanges described above shall take place exclusively in the presence of a central contact person named by us, who shall coordinate the project on our internal side. The organisation and scheduling of the meetings described above in which the contractor is involved shall be organised and carried out by the contractor and coordinated with us.
Backlog items will be assigned in Azure DevOps containing business requirements and acceptance criterias.
- Affiliation of improvements for Henkel data platform (Azure based) according to the assigned backlog items
- Development of platform features according to product backlog
- Testing of platform features according to product backlog, in case of identified bugs or issues the task is to rework it from step 1
- Release of platform features according to product backlog
- Evaluation of Azure releases and based on the outcome derive action items related to the aforementioned tasks
- Definition, optimization and implementation of coding and configuration standards and guidelines, that will be documented in Azure DevOps Wiki. The documentation will be validated and approved by Henkel.
- Script based implementation of all platform tasks and actions to be included in central orchestration according to the aforementioned coding and configuration standards and guidelines.
- Documentation of technical implementation and related process documentation, that will be validated and approved by Henkel
- Design and document access control concepts that will be validated and approved by Henkel
- Implementation of roles and capabilities according to access control concepts provided by Henkel according to product backlog items
- Specify metrics (SLAs) that will be validated and approved by Henkel
- Implementation of metrics (SLAs) and monitoring (alerts) according to product backlog items
- All back log items have to be in line with defined processes and given technical standards provided by Henkel through Azure DevOps Wikis.
- Liaise with Cloud Broker to develop templates for Azure Services according to Henkel standards, that will be provided by Henkel through Azure DevOps Wikis.
- Implementation, execution of capacity and cost monitoring incl. alerting
- Consulting on recommendations regarding architecture and technical concepts for current or future products and application using the platform