Consultant Architecture (Senior)
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
MRO 4.0 initiative is a project to create a novel solution with Henkel Adhesives for making the plant equipments smarter. The scope involves preparing a solution for reactive, predictive & prescriptive maintenance of the plant equipments to minimize maintenance cost & increase safety. The scope includes the following:
- Collecting large amount of data from different equipments of customer plants via sensor & edge device framework
- Ingestion and storing the data into an Azure Data Lake Storage on a continuous basis (e.g., hourly or daily)
- Analytics solution to prepare & train data model based on incoming machine data to generate predictions on machine failures
- Visualization platform as a new customer solution for managing their equipments & take necessary actions when required
Background of the engagement of an external consultant is that he has appropriate and required skills and capabilities that is not available internally. In addition the external consultant will provide services that are clearly distinguishable from the services internal employees are providing.
The project is working in an agile methodology. Sprint duration is two weeks so the Sprint meetings are conducted every next week. During this Sprint period daily stand-ups will be conducted to affiliate the compatibility of the complex service that will be delivered.
Any of the meetings and exchanges described above will take place exclusively in the presence of a Client’s single point of contact appointed by Henkel, who is coordinating the project on the Client's internal side. The coordination of the above described meetings, in which the external consultant is involved, will be organized and carried out by the contractor and will be agreed upon with Henkel. Therefore the external consultant receives contact information in advance.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor based on assigned Change through Azure boards by Henkel’s project manager. The external contractor receives access to Azure boards and Hashicorp Terraform .
- Azure resources and cloud solution (IoT) architecture implementation
- A high-level target design on Azure Cloud has been set by using Azure IoT Hub, Azure Functions, Event Hub, DataBricks, Azure Kubernetes services, Azure container instance and Azure App Service
- Enhance the Azure service design appropriately by using best practices of Azure well-architected forum
- Assess, refine, and propose the detail implementation plan & implement the decided design in Azure
- Refines the stakeholder’s feature requests (available in the Azure boards), set the priority, acceptance criterion from technical perspective
- Inform the developers to let them test new or updated instances on Azure cloud to the end of a sprint.
- Goal to design & develop the infrastructure as well as the automation for new micro services on Azure Cloud
- Enhance the automation pipelines in existing Azure DevOps environment - Existing infrastructure-as-code automation is described in Hashicorp Terraform on Azure Devops but need to be enhanced along with upcoming features (mentioned in Azure boards) by the stakeholders from the business
- Design the Application based on Hashicorp Terraform for refinement purposes
- Implement new or change existing pipelines based on the proposed options
- Create documentation of the solutions of the feature requests. Henkel will validate and approve the options before moving forward with implementation.