SAP Performance Optimization
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Projektname /project name
Projektbeschreibung /project description
The service is requested as part of the Phoenix - Rejuvenation project. As Part of the SAP stream, it is required to defend heterogeneous and homogeneous SAP system migrations. As part of the migrations, the system performance should be optimized upfront and after the migration to affiliate stable operations of the migrated systems.
Background of the engagement of an external consultant is that he has appropriate and required skills and capabilities that is not available internally. In addition the external consultant will provide services that are clearly distinguishable from the services internal employees are providing.
Leistungsbeschreibung / task description
Every relevant information and general requirements will be provided by Henkel in advance. In addition Henkel will grant access to relevant systems (Sharepoint and Snow), so the service is performed independently.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Execute system parameter checks of all relevant components (OS, DB, application layer) before and after the migrations
- Identification of hardware bottlenecks (CPU, Memory, SAN and Network Latency and throughput) and create sizing recommendations. These recommendations will be handed over to Henkel for validation and approval.
- Create reports to document system performance before and after the migration.
- Analyse SQL shared cursor caches, identify missing indexes and create new ones. Drop not required indexes. Trigger table and index reorganizations.
- Solve performance related incidents reported by test users and/or end users during hyper care phase through Snow;
- Consult application developers to build or redesign SQL statements to reduce the number of logical and physical reads. Depending on the volume of the incident reported through Snow, it may be an answer through the ticket system or a workshop with the respective application developer. Conduction of the workshop includes planning and moderation virtually.
The service of the contractor has the goal to facilitate the datacenter migration by optimizing the system performance, which leads into a reduction of possible incidents before and after.
Knowledge in the following areas needed:
SAP Basis and SAP Performance Tuning, Oracle Performance Tuning