Project Manager - Service Cloud A
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Project name: “Service Cloud A”
Design & global rollout of a “CX service Cloud” solution for Pre-sales and Post-sales teams for one business unit
Background to the assignment
The Service Cloud Project is one crucial driver for an amazing customer experience. The Customer Service central point of contact, offering state of the art Customer interaction functionality that grows with Henkel Adhesives, providing key actionable information drawn from the Adhesive Technologies application landscape, to support serving Customers globally, acknowledging their unique sales engagement plans and service agreements. The project is running in an agile mode, planned to start end 2021 with a 6 month MVP and a global rollout for the relevant pre-sales and post-sales teams within Adhesive technologies. It is about implementation of a service cloud application, together with a CTI-solution (computer telephony integration).
The project is running since beginning 2021 already and the first phase “RFP” has been finalized. During this time there was already an external resource in a similar position, contributing to the project in tasks required for the RFP phase. For strategic reasons, we have decided to give project management tasks entirely to external providers, as it does not have suitable resources and expertise for this internally. Because of this, the contractor holds a unique position and provides significantly different services than the internal staff.
Concrete, detailed description of services
The services shall be provided within the framework of an agile development method. The concrete activities required in each case to implement the services commissioned shall be agreed iteratively between the parties within the framework of sprint meetings and implemented by the Contractor within the respective sprints following the sprint meetings. Prior to each sprint meeting, the contractor shall independently check, on the basis of its professional expertise, which individual services are reasonable and feasible within the scope of the assignment in the respective sprint. The sprints each have a duration of 2 weeks, so that the sprint meetings take place at intervals of 2 weeks. Within the individual sprints, the contracting parties shall coordinate the respective technical requirements for the services to be provided in weekly meetings in order to achieve the compatibility of the individual components of the software Service Cloud/Genesys. The technical requirements for the services to be provided are assessed by the Contractor on the basis of its own technical assessment. After completion of a Sprint, the Parties shall conduct a "Sprint Review'' in which the Contractor reports on the feasibility and status of the services performed by it in the previous Sprint and makes a recommendation on how to proceed with regard to the services that proved to be unfeasible in the respective Sprint. All of the meetings and exchanges described above shall take place exclusively in the presence of a central contact person named by us, who shall coordinate the project on our internal side. The organisation and scheduling of the meetings described above in which the Contractor is involved shall be organised and carried out by the Contractor and coordinated with us.
Project is split into a MVP phase and later Rollout phases. During both phases the dedicated activities for the external resources are planned as such:
- Build up a test plan and test coordination concept.
- establish and affiliate proper documentation standards (as agreed in the project and based on PMI standards) and project structure in the project sharepoint. Concretely it means that sharepoint structure needs to be tracked and defined documents need to be cross-read to achieve compliance with the project standards. If not meeting the standards, the author of the respective document needs to be contacted for rework or the project manager himself needs to rework
- Coordinate the cross-subteam meetings including documentation and tracking of open points. Concretely it means that meeting invites need to be sent to the expected participants, minutes need to be taken and open points need to be entered & tracked in the open topic tracker list in the sharepoint. In the jour fixe meetings the owners of open & due points need to be asked for action.
- coordinate compilation of the steering committee slides with the other project managers and the subteams. Concretely it means that the contractor should proactively drive compilation of the steering committee slides by contacting the other project managers and subteam-leads, collect the information and run the final layout & content review. Final review by program manager (not project manager) to be actively conducted by the contractor.
- track scope changes and evaluate its impact on the project, based on feedback from the relevant subteams (timeline, budget, resources). The contractor is asked to host & facilitate the discussion (“in-scope or not”, decision making process “yes/no/later”) within the project manager team. Evaluation needs to be shared with the other project managers and responsible program managers (in case of escalation).
- conceptually work out the exit / closing criteria for the MVP and each rollout. The draft concept is to be aligned with the other project managers
All concepts & work is planned to get conceptually build up by the external resource, but finally approved by the Henkel project accountable.
Steercos are planned to happen on a milestone basis.
All relevant information and contact details will be provided via a Henkel-hosted sharepoint. The contractor will get technical access to the sharepoint.
Possible timelines to be kept
Start Date MVP currently foreseen for 12/2021 or 01/2022. After MVP in selected countries of one region, the global rollout is supposed to start immediately after.