Method development: Approximation of packaging weights
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Method development: Approximation of packaging weights for insufficiently specified Henkel products
Henkel specification data for determining the weight of packaging materials is not perfect, BOM data or the specification data can be missing or wrong. The fraction sales with such data cannot be neglected. Hence, the packaging weight of this fraction sales data has to be approximated. The results of the approximation will be used in Henkel’s forecasting of packaging disposal fees and taxes, in Henkel Sustainability Report, in Henkel Scope 3 GHG reporting, in the reporting to the Ellen McArthur foundation.
Development of an automated method for approximating packaging weights for insufficiently specified Henkel products. All Henkel products sold in a year are in scope.Python is the coding language. The code used for calculation the well-specified data will be provided by Henkel in advance. Also the business requirements for plausibility for the approximation will be provided by Henkel in advance.
1)Develop criteria and algorithmsto identify insufficiently specified Henkel products.
2) Develop estimators from well-specified products.
3) Test the estimators: Calculate approximated weights of packaging materials and subject the results to packaging expert (Henkel) for plausibility checks.
4) Refine the estimation approach according to the results of the plausibility check that will be provided by Henkel in written.
5) Prepare documentation according to Henkel templates that will be validated and approved by Henkel. The documentation includes
- a description of the approximation method
- an instruction for users of the resulting script
Henkel sales data
Bill of Material data
Specification data for packaging materials
The goal is to affiliate a method of approximation of packaging weights for insufficiently specified Henkel products.