Hardware Engineer IoT (Senior)
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Projektname / project name
Projektbeschreibung /project description
SalonLab is an IoT device with a companion app that allows Schwarzkopf Professional hairdressers to scan inside the hair structure and provide a personalized experience.
The goal of SalonLab is to assess the hair damage and color of the salon clients to recommend the right product.
Leistungsbeschreibung / task description
The service of the contractor is delivered using an agile working method. External resources are needed as there is no internal staff with the required expertise in the following areas:
- Electronics Engineering
- Consumer Hardware
Therefore, the external consultant is in a unique position and performs significantly different tasks than the internal employees.
One sprint consists of 2 weeks and there is a weekly jour fixe. During these meetings, the team discusses the current requirements and the contractor independently performs the following tasks:
- Be the single point of contact for hardware stakeholders (sensor suppliers, production, and electronics) in terms of technical specifications. The goal of the contractor is to understand the technical specifications of the prototypes and to explain to the Henkel stakeholders the status of the development and to reflect on issues of the devices. This is done in the spring meetings.
- Independently identify new suppliers to increase quality and reduce cost of devices based on requirements set by Henkel which are documented in the sprint meetings and subject to approval by Henkel.
- Independently prototype new devices and features with users based on criteria and hypotheses set by Schwarzkopf Professional and tested with real users in a salon environment.
- Set up a Quality Assurance process for new device features based on an acceptance criteria that is documented and subject to approval by Henkel.
- Define and lead the design for manufacturing and manufacturing process of Beauty Tech devices that is documented in the sprint meetings and subject to approval by Henkel.
- Troubleshoot on potential hardware incidents to improve the overall quality of devices in the market based on tickets raised through a ServiceNow tool. Quality requirements are set by Henkel and documented in the sprint meetings. If an incident cannot be resolved, a new device will be provided to the contractor for further testing.
The service provision of the contractor has the goal of bringing the SalonLab hardware to the market.