Enhancement of EDI template
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Projektname / project name
Automotive and Industrial Business (P024284)
Enhancement of EDI template (E022880)
Projektbeschreibung /project description
The service is requested as part of the projects above. The projects have the purpose to:
- Establish EDI processes with new Industry Business/Automotive trading partners; and
- Enhance the EDI template according to business needs decided by the Henkel EDI Global Governance Board (GGB).
Leistungsbeschreibung / task description
The required expertise is not available at Henkel internally. Therefore, the external consultant is in a unique position and performs significantly different tasks than the internal employees.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
Establish EDI processes with new trading partners;
- The requirements for these processes are being prepared in an official Requests according to the ITIL standards by Henkel business;
- The Requests are provided to the external consultant who starts independently to do analysis and work on the requests where directly possible. That is done without any Henkel internal guidance or supervision;
- As part of the analysis, the consultant needs to find a Henkel conforming solution;
- Prepare a Technical Design with the solution to be applied; and
- Implement it to resolve the issue;
- The overall goal is to enhancement the EDI template;
- Provide technical expertise to both Henkel Business and the project-related Henkel IT team regarding the global EDI environment and SAP system landscape;
- Perform an independent analysis of current EDI business processes in the area of Automotive and Industrial Business to determine whether existing business and EDI processes in one region fit to other regions or globally;
- The consultant can then independently trigger Requests that go through the Henkel ITIL process. If the process is completed, the consultant may proceed with the changes;
- Consult the Henkel Corporate Consulting Team and business key users on EDI best practices, especially during alignment of EDI requirements and functional specification between Henkel and the trading partner;
- The external consultant will handle the overall task fully on his own. Only when internal escalation is needed, he is informing the internal IT counterpart. However, the external consultant is not to participate in the internal team meetings;
- Lead the IT change management process (following the Henkel standard ITIL like) and building of Change Requests for the aforementioned EDI project and enhancement;
- Independently create Process Design, Technical solution design and satellite interfaces design for the needed solution;
- Organisation and execution of the following:
- Preparation of process documentation materials according to Henkel IT Standards which are subject to approval by Henkel;
- Coach Business on EDI best practices whenever the consultant implements a new process;
- When a new process is being implemented there is a one time coaching needed directly with the responsible business counterpart. If this is not the case and business counterpart is aware of the process implemented this is not needed.
- An example of such session is 1 hour. The participant group heavily depends on the topic and needs to be determined by the consultant;
- Independently perform tests of the software solution with Business counterparts to conclude that the solution is working;
- In case of tests with negative results, the external consultant is responsible to apply a fix and conduct a new test until the solution is working according to the Technical and Functional Design;
- Cut-over planning and execution;
- Post go-live planning and execution;
- Lead specialized parts of A&D phase:
- process analysis,
- process design,
- process activation,
- Coaching of project-related peers and team members on all new technical topics the consultant introduces independently to facilitate a knowledge transfer to Henkel IT team;
- Proactive delivery of information to business users regarding new template processes and EDI messages.
The service provision of the contractor has the goal to deliver state of the art EDI IT services to Henkel business units in time, in quality and in budget.
There are no specific timelines are to be adhered to by the contractor during the provision of the service due to the nature of the project, EDI demands and the way Henkel business is organised.
Prolongation possible for up to 18 months