*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Projektname /project name
Digital Business: SmartBot Factory @ Henkel
Projektbeschreibung /project description
The SmartBot Factory @ Henkel is a platform-based solution providing chatbot for internal as well as external purposes. Internally to support current reoccurring processes and providing asap information to end-users in regards to their invoices (by generating live data from the backend system SAP). External purposes cover consumer guidance, e.g. Persil Stain chatbot on the persil.de website that guided customers in how to get rid of certain stains in the best manner possible. On the one hand supporting the efficiency of our workforce and on the other hand generating sales for our consumer products in the shelves.
Leistungsbeschreibung / task description
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Development and reworking of chatbots on the basis of the MS framework in multiple channels (internal):
- MS Teams
- Connection of chatbots to backend systems:
- SAP (CRM but SAP based)
- Implementation of further features to the chatbots to make them smarter:
- connection to live agents that take over the conversation if the chatbot cannot deliver answer to user
- creating tickets automatically
- user-guided conversations/dialogue flows and process flows
- Embedding the solution in the internal Henkel cloud platform and HENKEL SAP cloud platform including:
- bug fixing to make the solution run smoothly
- Remote Function Call (RFC) in SAP needs to be coded in Java in order to call the correct functions – tables and columns in SAP – so that chatbot gives out the correct information to end-user. This solution is already in place.
- Selection possibilities that the user can select between different parameters relevant for him – filter according to the year of the invoice, region, invoice number so that the correct information can be crawled in SAP and given out to the user – this solution is already in place.
The service provision of the contractor has the goal to finalize the backend system integration in order to retrieve invoicing status from SAP system. This will help suppliers and employees to get the status in a simple and easy way.
The solution is deployed but needs bug fixing/reworking due to issues arising in the connection between SAP system and bot environment. The timeline of the contact is foreseeing end of September 2020. The bug fixing should be completed inside the first weeks of the timeframe and the remaining weeks should be testing/reworking/production deployment.