Consulting Engineer - SAP ILM & DVM - Maturity increase
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
SAP ILM / DVM project description
The service is requested as a work to provide profound experience in the area of SAP Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) and SAP Data Volume Management (DVM).
SAP ILM Retention Management was introduced 4 years ago on our central SAP ERP ECC 6.0 System Landscape (Finance & Logistics…..HCM is not in scope) in conjunction with ImageMaster as a global DMS (Document Mgmt System) to support properly Retention mgmt and document storage. 2020 SAP ILM for GDPR was introduced on top.
Plenty of archiving objects were already properly setup and archiving is running smooth so far, but we are still lacking to have a fully performant system and need to initiate phase 2 of our ILM / DVM journey.
The scope of services includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Consult & guide on an aggressive archiving strategy to increase the maturity of Archiving and decrease the current data residence periods as main requirement.
- Propose and provide additional sustainable housekeeping solutions by designing concepts, guidelines & rulesets to reduce the data footprint in our global SAP systems
- Evaluate current archiving calendar and provide guidance on more automation and transparency could be established to release a new archiving calendar.
- Technically consult on technics to reduce the amount of not closed business document and foster herewith the closing to ensure in-time archiving.
- Analysis our current SAP DVM setup and consult and guide on additional quick wins and hints to come from an reactive to an proactive archiving player to reduce performance degradations & incidents.
For all the above mentioned tasks, we will provide a proper hand over containing documentation and detail listed down requirements.
Target of the tasks:
Increasing the archiving footprint by implementing additional archiving objects, reducing residence periods of existing archiving objects and enriching our current housekeeping tasks by additional ones. Based on the analysis of the currently deployed archiving strategy, our archiving calendar and our current DVM setup to increase the level of maturity by applying new concepts and gaining insights and ideas on how to leverage the archiving retention mgmt. as its best.