Consultant System Connectivity (Senior)
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Henkel is implementing a new Pricing Operating Model for it's industrial adhesives business, a B2B environment characterized by a heterogenous market environment managed in 11 Business units globally.
To enable this Henkel is implementing a specific solution landscape which includes a PROS pricing solution in implementation as well as the adaptation of an existing SAP C4C sales force automation and SAP R/3 ERP system.
Same as other companies, Henkel faces the difficulty that it's sales and marketing data that is structured available in the IT systems is focussed on operational processes and is not suitable for Strategic Pricing. The required data is distributed on heads and various office documents as well as "wrongly" modelled in existing solutions.
To overcome the situation a Data Repository Solution shall be created which takes existing ERP, BI and other systems data as sources. The Data Repository shall allow a dedicated power user group as well as end users to visualize, edit, enrich and transform the data into data model and structure that allows feeding the sales force automation and pricing tools in an appropriate way for Strategic Pricing.
Henkel has a dedicated "Data Foundation" Environment on Microsoft Azure and associated operating model that shall be used as environment. The toolset that can/shall be used to build the data repository includes DataBricks, Azure Functions, Dremio, Power BI, Tableau and others.
A general solution architecture idea is existing, that will need to be detailed and implemented. In addition power users and IT project team members will need to be trained.
Leistungsbeschreibung / Task Description
The service of the contractor is delivered using an agile working method. External resources are needed as there is no internal staff with the required expertise following areas:
- Data Bricks
- Microsoft Azure
Therefore, the external consultants have a significantly different position. One sprint is expected to consist of 1 week and to include a virtual daily stand up of 15 minutes as well as a weekly review Jour Fixe of 1 hour. During these, the team discusses the project status.
The scope of services can be clustered into two main aspects:
- Design and build the data repository to get it productive, meeting BU and IT stakeholders’ expectations (~2/3 of effort), and
- Training and coaching of Henkel BU Power Users and IT staff in the above-mentioned areas to enable Henkel to operate and enhance the data repository productively (~ 1/3 of effort).
This includes the following tasks, which are independently performed by the external contractor:
- Analyse and document detailed business requirements using stakeholder interviews and already existing documentation to facilitate a detailed solution design for the data repository.
- Develop solution design proposal considering business requirements from above, market best practices, as well as Henkel’s IT landscape, standards and guidelines.
- Create Functional and Technical Documentation which is subject to approval from Henkel BU and IT. The Documentation needs to function as an implementation guideline, documentation of aligned functionality with business units and as reference documents for IT maintenance.
- Implement the decided design based on the documentation after approval by Henkel BU and IT and according to Henkel IT standards.
- Test, fix and maintain the solution using a DevOps approach.
- Resolve user and technical incidents based on user feedback and own proactive monitoring.
- Train and coach the power user community following a “train the trainer approach” with focus on Dremio, Azure Functions and Data Bricks to enable Henkel users to run the data repository on their own in the future.
- Supervise and guide users on data manipulation regarding correct/best practice usage of toolset and solution for an effective and efficient data cleansing.
The service of the contractor has the goal to deliver state of the art IT services to Henkel business units in time, in quality and in budget.