Consultant BI (Senior)
*Please note: the service contract for this position will not be concluded with Henkel AG & Co. KGaA but with an external party”.
Project name - Supply Chain BI
The service is requested as part of the project Supply Chain BI. The project has the purpose to provide business functions to deliver reporting on daily logistics, purchasing and production information based upon several SAP modules and manual flat file data for the business units A / B / L and Functions worldwide.
This includes the development of relevant business functions and -logic in the following programming languages:
- SQL (Modelling techniques: dimensional, snowflake, Data Vault)
in the following software tool stack:
- Azure Cloud services (Azure Synapse, Azure BLOB, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake),
- Azure Dev Ops
- Microsoft Power BI
Background to the assignment
As we do not have our own employees with sufficient expertise in connection with the named tools we require external expertise. The contractor used by us has extensive experience with projects that require development services with the mentioned tool (see #1), therefore the contractor has a unique position and provides significantly different services than the internal staff.
Concrete, detailed description of services
The services shall be provided within the framework of an agile development method. The concrete activities required in each case to implement the services commissioned shall be agreed iteratively between the parties within the framework of sprint meetings and implemented by the Contractor within the respective sprints following the sprint meetings. Prior to each sprint meeting, the contractor shall independentlycheck, on the basis of its professional expertise, which individual services are reasonable and feasible within the scope of the assignment in the respective sprint. The sprints each have a duration of 2 weeks, so that the sprint meetings take place at intervals of every second week. Within the individual sprints, the contracting parties shall coordinate the respective technical requirements for the services to be provided in daily meetings to achieve the compatibility of the individual components of the software mentioned above.
The technical requirements for the services to be provided are assessed by the Contractor on the basis of its own technical assessment. After completion of a Sprint, the Parties shall conduct a "Sprint Review'' in which the Contractor reports on the feasibility and status of the services performed by it in the previous Sprint and makes a recommendation on how to proceed with regard to the services that proved to be unfeasible in the respective Sprint. All of the meetings and exchanges described above shall take place exclusively in the presence of a central contact person named by us, who shall coordinate the project on our internal side. The organisation and scheduling of the meetings described above in which the Contractor is involved shall be organised and carried out by the Contractor and coordinated with us.
The requirements will be provided by Henkel in the backlog where the consultant gets access to:
- Collection of business requirements and their documentation, based upon 5 workshops with relevant business users organized by the contraction. Contact information of relevant business users will be provided by Henkel on beforehand.
- Independently implement the needed business functions (as described in the task above) in the application’s business core layer including the related deployment activities.
- Implement the required functionality (according to the above-mentioned business requirements) in Supply Chain BI data model and PowerBI dashboards.
- Establish data quality KPIs for the subcomponents (features) as mentioned above according to the business requirements (as mentioned above).
- Independently perform functional unit testing; in case of business requirements (mentioned above) are not working, fix to be applied, starting at point 1 again.
- Conduct guiding of user testing (business acceptance testing), referring documentation mentioned below (business acceptance testing). Once a deliverable can be tested, all relevant business users from the dXD project team will be trained in one-hour focus sessions, that will be organized by the contractor.
- Functional consulting of the internal dXD project team regarding documentation of business logics and procedures that will be validated and approved by Henkel.
- Handover of implementation to internal and external maintenance organizations according to above mentioned documentation.
The performance of the contractor has the goal to provide consultancy and development services on the creation of a business functions and -logics for supply chain data.